We have two new and exciting opportunities to join our organisation as a Floating Support & Housing Options Officer on a fixed-term basis (12 month contract).
The postholder will support and coach customers, to empower them to move out of Emergency Accommodation. You will be carrying out needs assessments, thinking outside the box and providing innovative solutions in Personal Housing Plans and other assessments required in order to relieve homelessness for a diverse client base. You will also provide resettlement support to empower them to remain in their new home.
- You need to have a good understanding of housing options, housing and welfare benefits legislation and training and employment opportunities.
- You will be experienced in a similar role and in intervention techniques.
- This is a full-time post (36 hours per week), with an annual leave entitlement of 23 days p/a plus Bank Holidays.
- You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills, adaptable and resilient personality that thrives under pressure and be able to organise yourself to carry out multiple tasks and achieve outstanding results as part of a team.
- You will need to have a good understanding of housing options, housing and welfare benefits legislation and training and employment opportunities.
Encompass is a local authority trading company wholly owned by the London Borough of Sutton. We deliver a wide range of services including Advice and Information, Homelessness Prevention, Choice Based Lettings, Landlord Services, Support Brokerage, Shared Lives, Business Development and Support, and Digital Innovation.
As an Encompass employee you will be able to access a number of benefits including:
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days plus Bank Holidays
- Ability to purchase annual leave
- A range of benefits, including discounts from a number of retailers and services
How to apply
Please download the Job Description and Person Specification, you can then apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form, which will require you to fill out your details and complete a supporting statement addressing the points on the Person Specification.Download Person Specification